Have a Great Summer! Next Meeting: Sept. 2016
Our Annual Picnic was held on June 5, 2016 in Mendon Ponds Park. The food was great, as usual, and the camaraderie and beautiful summer Show Table were enjoyed by all.
Our club's summer vacation ("hiatus," if you like…) has begun. We don't hold meetings in July or August. This is in recognition of the fact that occasionally our members indulge in activities that actually have nothing to do with orchids. At least that's the theory.
If you have any question about the Society, please use our Contact page. We don't have an office or telephone, so email is pretty much the best way to get in touch. You can also write the GROS at P.O. Box 20606, Rochester, NY 14602
See you in September!
Our regular meeting night is the first Monday following the first Sunday of each month. We occasionally change the meeting date as our schedule requires, but we always list the correct date well in advance both on this website and in our monthly newsletter. Our meetings are open to everyone without charge - feel free to attend and find out what our Society is all about!
Meetings typically consist of a brief business meeting to conduct our club's routine activities, a special presentation on an orchid subject, an orchid raffle (2 tickets for $1), and a Show Table where members can display their flowering plants for everyone to see. For more information, please contact our President, Bill Renick.
Meeting Location & Agenda
Brighton Town Hall, 2300 Elmwood Avenue, Rochester, NY
- "Orchids 101" Meeting 6:00 p.m.
- Social "Hour" (free-form schmoozing) 7:00 - 7:15 p.m.
- Main meeting begins at 7:15 p.m.
Orchids 101 - Next Meeting: May 2
The Genesee Region Orchid Society, Inc. has always been an advocate of orchid education; our Orchids 101 program is an ongoing series of informal group discussions/demonstrations on many different orchid topics.
- Topic: TBA
- The doors open at 6:00 p.m. and the "formal" Orchids 101 meeting begins at 6:15 p.m.
- Following a 30-minute presentation on an orchid topic, the group will discuss any plants, problems, topics, or questions that growers might have.
- Orchids 101 will conclude at 7:00 p.m., which will allow plenty of time to socialize or purchase plants/raffle tickets prior to the main orchid meeting that begins at 7:15 p.m.
You don’t have to be new to orchids to come to Orchids 101! We can all learn something new - and a refresher course is never a bad idea. We would love to have more advanced growers at Orchids 101 to contribute their comments and experience. All are welcome.